It is not true the Iphone 5 is trying to compete with the Android and this is completely delirious. The Android won't even come close to the capabilities offered by the new iPhone when it comes out.
Since the iphone 5 is coming out in the next few months, it is better to wait for that if you were positioning yourself to buy an iphone 4. According to Ciao katherine, an Apple fan - one of those Apple fangirls that you see walk into the Apple store and spend 30 minutes asking the employees all sorts of uber geek questions - some of the expected features are:
- The new iPhone 5 is expected to have Face Recognition Security so that you don't have to worry about other people stealing your phone and trying to use it... That is, unless they steal your face too. (Anyone seen Face Off?)
- Video Chat on a 4G network instead of a slow 3G one
- Much nicer overall body design of the phone. It's going to be even thinner and have a shiny black piece.
- Shatter Resistant and Scratch Resistant Screen
- The lowest model will come with 32G of space and 64G of memory. You will be able to store your whole computer on the lowest model of the iPhone 5. (Yippeee for me).
- Longer Battery Life - Up to 14 Hours of Talk Time On The 3G and 7 Hours on the 4G. (With 14 hours of talking to your girl/boyfriends, you will only have 10 hours to sleep-)
- HD Audio - The quality of sound is going to be extra crisp.
- Built In GPS - You'll never get lost or have to download one of those stupid GPS apps.
How much will the new iPhone 5 cost? I can't speculate on that, but I'm going to assume it'll run you over $500. It's definitely going to be worth it though, and I can't wait for it to come out.