Thursday, September 2, 2010

Be very afraid...!

This is a true story that makes interesting reading.....

Dear ......... staff
,

Thanks for your prayers, the financial, moral and spiritual support extended to me during my trying moments. For some of you who never got the story. This is what exactly happened. It was Thursday 12th August 2010 when I was on my way to meet a colleague and our content person in the Ministry of water and environment concerning our business prospects with the ministry. The meeting was supposed to be at 12:30 pm in Luzira but it was later postponed to 2:00 pm so I decided to branch off and go for an early lunch at BAMBOO NEST. This was around 12: 30 pm.

I parked my vehicle at the entrance of restaurant and took a seat opposite the entrance on the ground floor. I was served food and later after my lunch a smartly dressed woman approached me and she requested to have a look at my news papers (I had a vision and monitor). I responded positively to her request. So she decided to sit with me on the table. She ordered for a drink and she concentrated on reading the papers as I was going through my draft proposal to be discussed with the officials I was to meet. This went on for about 20 minutes with no conversation between us.

She ordered for a second drink and offered me a drink too which I did not refuse. A conversation there after started. She told me she works with Crane Bank as a Credit Officer and she was in Bugolobi visiting a sick relative. She later on requested that we change the tables as the one we were sited on was near the washrooms. I told her that I’m about to leave but anyway I obliged. So as I gathered my papers, draft proposal, a laptop and two phones, she offered to help me carry my drink which by then was halfway. We moved to another seat which was roughly 10 meters away. I remember settling down on the new seat, sipping my drink twice.

The rest I left it to imaginations. I instantly blacked out. I believe that in the process of changing seats this woman put strong sedatives (drugs) in my drink. This whole process took not more than one hour. I think this woman (may be with the support of her associates) carried me to my vehicle which was at the entrance and drove me to where I was found in Namuwongo. They stole my laptop, two mobile phones, a black jacket, money (UGX 470,000) and a laptop bag containing personal and office documents.

I started gaining my senses at a round 7:30 pm. I was lying in the back seat of my vehicle and feeling so so dizzy. I realized I was in danger. Looking around me were buildings and people moving. It was a busy place along the road. I called for help and no one responded may be people thought I was drunk. I later gathered some strength and crawled to the next open shop which happened to be a drug shop. I instantly started vomiting and begged the occupants to call for me police. I think the police petrol vehicle arrived within 10 minutes. My condition was worsening by then. They aided me to their vehicle while a break down towered my vehicle. The next event I recall I was on drip in Nsambye hospital.

That is all I can remember. It was a very funny incident born out of being good to strangers with negative intents and being a willing victim. I thank all of you for your support and prayers. Lessons are for you and me to learn. I was not a particular target. From what I later learnt from police and friends, this is the latest method of robbing people in Kampala . Mine was done in the brought day light.

The rest I leave it to the police as they are trying to carry out the investigations.

Richard


No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...