Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Uganda Flag Flies Proudly in Dutch school






Moses, my six-year-old son goes to De Manse Public primary school, near our home in Almere, the Netherlands. He is in the second class. Since Monday 08 March 2010, the school is holding an African Project period. It will last 2 weeks.

Last week, Moses’ teacher asked me to provide any traditional Uganda items like clothes, toys, musical instruments and crafts. I got from my wife a kitenge (African dress), threw in mine and Moses’ attire I got from Accra, Ghana, flutes, ndingidi (a stringed musical instrument), Uganda flag, a mini decorative drum, audio and video Uganda music DVDs and a few other crafts.


On Monday 08 March, the school had a feast like day with African music. There was a lot of excitement in the whole school. Meanwhile, all classes are each engaging in different African activities. These include dance, music, paintings, art and the like. This is done every afternoon.

The project will close on 19 March 2010 with plays and presentations. Parents are welcome to participate.



No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...