Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Maid who wanted a salary raise

When Akinyi, a maid in Kampala asked her mistress for a salary increment, the Madam was very upset and asked: "Now Akinyi, why do you want a raise?"

Akinyi: "Well Madam, there are three reasons why I want an increase.

The first is that I iron better than you."

Madam: "Who said you iron better than me?"

Akinyi: "Mzee said so."

Madam: "Oh"

Akinyi: "The second reason is that I am a better cook than you."

Madam: "Nonsense! Who said you were a better cook than me?"

Akinyi: "Mzee did."

Madam: "Ooh oh"

Akinyi: "My third reason is that I am a better lover than you."

Madam (very upset now): "Did Mzee say so as well??!

Akinyi: "No madam, the gardener did."

Akinyi got an even bigger raise than she had asked for. To keep her
mouth shut.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what vested interest did the madam have in akinyi keeping her affair with garderner a secret?

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...